Re: swiss-list: H1 B Visum

From: Nico Ghilardi <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:31:26 -0800

Charly,

I just got mine extended, and it took about 6 months. If your wife and
son are on H-4's it takes about the same amount of time. You don't have
to go to Switzerland, but the next time you travel abroad you need to go
to an American consulate in order to get the stamp into your passport.
Alternatively, you can mail in your passport to somewhere within the US
to get your visa stamp, but that takes some 3 months I am told, during
which you cannot travel outside the US (because you have no passport
obviously).

I don't know about the forms, since my stuff was handled by a lawyer
hired by the company I work for.

cheers
Nico

Charly Frey wrote: