Re: swiss-list: Access to Direct Net from the US

From: Dirk Riehle <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:50:34 +0200

I think it is a regulatory issue not a technical. US tax authorities etc
require you and your bank to provide plenty of information that CS may not
be willing to give. Best would be not to leave Switzerland, even if somehow
you just move back to your parents/siblings/children's place.

It has been 5 years since I last used DirectNet; it is the same with any
other Swiss bank. In the end, I terminated all the accounts. On that note:
I could shut down my UBS account using only my US drivers license as an id!
(How hilarious is that?)

Dirk

Interested in wikis? Please go to http://www.wikisym.org!
Take a Geek's Tour of Silicon Valley! http://www.ageekstour.com