RE: swiss-list: J-1 renewal: status

From: Alain Borel <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 12:56:57 -0500 (CDT)

On 09-Jul-2003 Marc Audard wrote:
> After preparing all your docs (DS 2019, DS-156, DS-157 if you're male,
> DS-158, 2 pics with 5cmx5cm, do not attach or glue one picture on
> the DS-156 form, they do it for you and prefer to send you to a
> photomaton at the Bern station if your photos are not as required)
> and your pass. I did not need to give anything more.

Note that the letter from the embassy, where they wrote that they would only
accept 5x5cm pictures starting on Apr. 1, 2003, says that there are 2
photomatons at the train station that will produce the correct format. This
information is already out of date: one of them has been replaced by two new
machines, and of course they only print regular Swiss passport pictures...

Alain Borel
Urbana IL

--
E-Mail: Alain Borel <aborel_at_uiuc.edu>
Date: 09-Jul-2003 Time: 12:52:51