Re: swiss-list: moving from CA to CH?

From: Laurent Piguet <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 08:57:53 +0200

I don't know who you spoke with, but seems a rather harsh conclusion...

As far as I am concerned, Americans, just like people from the EU, benefit
from an easier immigration procedure than others, coming from what is
considered by some as more "foreign" countries.

As always, immigration probably also strongly depends on your status. There
are people that immigrate to Switzerland to "retire", others to work, etc.
Each situation implies a different status.

If I were you, I would simply contact the Swiss Consulate in San Francisco
to find out more about the different possibilities and procedures
associated with them.

Cheers,
Laurent