Re: swiss-list: moving from CA to CH?

From: Chris Cavigioli <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 22:02:45 -0700

Your question is too vague. Of course you can go to Switzerland. You don't need permission. It's a free country.

However, just like the USA or any other country, if you are not a citizen, you will need to get a working permit (e.g. requires an
employer or source of income) and a residence permit (typically requires a working permit ... and the working permit typically
requires a residence permit). It's a standard catch-22, but if you have a serious job offer, your employer will know what to do so
you get both. You can also get a preview by asking at the Swiss Consulate and asking on this list like you are doing. But, you
might need to provide more situational information, though....

good luck! Switzerland is great!
-chris