swiss-list: transport company/shipping from CH to USA

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 16:28:43 -0500

Hi everyone,

Few weeks ago, i was asking about how to bring my bike in the USA from
Switzerland. So far I am still on hold with this decision. But I again
need your experience on a different matter. Has any of you shipped stuff
from Switzerland with a private company ? I have made some requests and
received some quotes from Swiss companies. Price goes from CHF 3500 to
8000.- for the same item (my bike).

Those prices include for some, door to door, or door to a different
location, by boat or plane.

I need some of your experiences to make a point and decide for the best
way to ship my bike.

As discussed, there is some problems importing a bike in the USa and
getting the plate from the DMV, but this can be resolved in some ways.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Richard

PS. After after 4 months in this country, being married with a us
citizen, I have received my Work authorization and I am now waiting to
receive my Social security number as well as I am filling forms to get
my green card. If anyone has any question related with that matter and
if I can be of any help....let me know...