swiss-list: Ship Car to Switzerland

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 02:29:47 GMT

You can get insurance in Switzerland for a car with foreign license plates... I
did it a while back..... but:

Once you register your car with Swiss license plates "they" check if your car
was still registered in the US up to that date. I got burned. My CA
registration had ended before that date, so I was charged the Swiss fee (quite
higher) for the interim period. So make sure your car is registered for the
time you drive in CH with the US plates.

Ueli Wahli