Re: swiss-list: Importing fondue?

From: Clemens Anklin <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 09:18:28 -0500

Hi Vuko

a few more bits of fondue information.

First I have to agree with Richard, Migros fondue and for that matter
all of the premixes are no real fondues.

I make my fondue with gruyere and vacherin fribourgeois, the first I can
find at almost any supermarket, the latter I get from ideal cheese in NY
(www.idealcheese.com). They ship anywhere in the US.

I use "denatured alcohol" from Home Depot in my burner.

I have often used Lindemans Bin65 chardonnay to cook the fondue. This is
a good, inexpensive wine and the fondue has never separated.

Regards

Clemens Anklin