RE: swiss-list: Money transfer

From: Massimo Fuchs <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:55:09 -1000

I wasn't able to follow this thread completely, so if this is a
duplication of previously shared info, sorry.

Challenge with PayPal: US$ only for now...

We're using American Express International Payments for all our non-US
bank transfers. Most countries and currencies are handled there. The
funds to be transferred are deducted directly from any of our US bank
accounts via ACH.

In the first three months after enrollment, there are no fees for
foreign currency wire transactions. After that, the fee is $20 US for
each foreign currency wire transaction regardless of the amount, $30 US
for wire transactions in US Dollars and $10 for foreign currency draft
transactions. And you don't even need an American Express Card for it,
and all can be done conveniently on line 24/7 or even by phone or fax.

You can read up on it at
http://home5.americanexpress.com/ip/WhatIs/about_IP.asp

Best, Massimo
Honolulu, HI