Re: swiss-list: Swiss-List Discussions

From: Bela Ban <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 10:09:19 -0800

"Paris, Sarah" wrote:

> I myself would be very curious to get some feedback over the next few months
> from those exploring the various airlines/options when flying to CH. It
> seems unlikely that "Swiss" will reinstate the SFO-ZHR non-stop flight (I
> understand Swissair lost money on that route, though I'm not sure why, as
> the planes always seemed full). So what are the best alternatives?

My wife is currently looking into flights from SFO/LAX to Switzerland in the July timeframe
(1 adult, 1 infant, needs a separate seat). The cheapest flights found so far are with
Swissair from LAX and Lufthansa from SFO (via Munich). The SR quote was given to us by Jason
Travel (in San Francisco), I think their tickets are non-refundable, but you can get separate
cancellation insuranance.

--
Bela Ban
Fujitsu Network Communications