RE: swiss-list: Swiss-List Discussions

From: Paris, Sarah <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:54:10 -0800

Thank you, Claudio, for making your point thoughtfully and for giving people
options.

I myself would be very curious to get some feedback over the next few months
from those exploring the various airlines/options when flying to CH. It
seems unlikely that "Swiss" will reinstate the SFO-ZHR non-stop flight (I
understand Swissair lost money on that route, though I'm not sure why, as
the planes always seemed full). So what are the best alternatives?

I was looking at the schedules on Orbitz yesterday, and not feeling very
happy with the results. There are many options, but the schedules all kinda
suck -- long lay-overs, or return flights from ZHR departing in the morning,
which is very difficult for me, since I don't stay in Zurich when I'm in CH,
i.e. a 10am departure translates into getting up at 5am or worse.

Surely others would appreciate it too if those travelling in the next couple
of months could share their various experiences for the benefit of the list.

Thanks!
Sarah

P.S. Those of you amused and/or disgusted by the "war on drugs", check out
my report on Trudy Spindler's forbidden hemp snacks at
http://www.tages-anzeiger.ch/ta/taZeitungRubrikArtikel?ArtId=161203&ausgabe=2092&archive=t