swiss-list: tax refund

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:29:47 +0100

Dear list members,
after extensive searches and a lot of help from different people
including list members, I wanted to summarize what I learnt so far and
might be helpful for others. Overall, if you are only earning little
money, you should be able to get all your payed taxes refunded! (I like
this idea!!).

www.turbotax.com offers free internet filing if your income is low,
otherwise you pay around 20$. This program does not need to be
downloaded and it guides you through all the paragraphs on your tax
forms.

www.utexas.edu/international/taxes
great website with guided tours how to fill in your tax refund
(specially made for students)

http://taxes.yahoo.com/
all the necessary forms can be downloaded here. Also, has a lot of
helpful information and links to turbotax.

Further:
as a J1 holder you need to file 1040NR or 1040NR/EZ (if single). There
seems to be no tax treaty between the US and Switzerland.

---
Genug gewartet? sunrise ADSL: schneller im Internet.
http://www.sunrise.ch/de/internet/int_ads.asp
---
Assez attendu? Avec sunrise ADSL, surfez encore plus vite sur le net.
http://www.sunrise.ch/fr/internet/int_ads.asp
---
Stufo di aspettare? Con sunrise ADSL pił veloce che mai in Internet.
http://www.sunrise.ch/it/internet/int_ads.asp