Re: swiss-list: TV5 by satellite?

From: Laurent Jay <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 14:40:23 -0600 (CST)

Hi all,

If you would like to listen to french-speaking TV the best would be
to buy a Canadian satellite dish. On DishNetwork you can get only one
french-speaking channel: TV5. Whereas on Canadian satellites you can get
about 20 or more of french-speaking channels, including TV5 and RFO
for about the same price and also about one hundred of other channels
in English. Bell ExpressVu works everywhere in North America, but I
am not sure about Starchoice. A few links:
http://www.bell.ca/shop/application/commercewf?origin=funnel_page.jsp&event=link(goto)&content=jsp/content/personal/catalog/satellites/index.jsp
http://www.bell.ca/
http://www.starchoice.com/
You have to buy the system and to pay your bills with a regular
address and phone number in Canada though. The systems are activated
directly via satellite not by phone lines though.
You can get your system shipped by UPS. That's how all Quebecois have
their french-speaking TV when they go on vacation in Florida. Voila.

-- Laurent