swiss-list: H1 visa process and European printers

From: Claudia Jonczyk <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 02:59:17 +0100 (MET)

Dear all,

Can anybody give me some information on these questions?

- If a US company starts the filing process for an H1 visa for me, how long
does this process usually take?

- Can I already start working when the filing process is launched or do I have
to wait until the process is completed?

- Admitting the filing process is launched, am I allowed to enter the US in
the MEANTIME as a tourist, not to work, but just to visit some friends in the
US? I would then of course leave the US as a tourist again before re-entering
on a H1 visa.

- And: Do HP printers bought and used in Europe take US paper format?

Thanks for you hints and advice,
Claudia