RE: swiss-list: new in SF

From: Chris Cavigioli <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 03:46:15 -0700

I know that we once discussed setting up a website with links and tips for
Swiss people arriving in the Bay Area, and I know that I am also guilty for
not following up myself, but here are a list of links I collected while I
was searching when I arrived in SF. Sorry that they are not super well
organized. -chris c

http://pws.prserv.net/chris/
http://carpoint.msn.com/BuyNew/Process?m=94108
http://www.kpix.com/sponsor/rides/
http://www.bart.org/
http://www.zpub.com/fixmuni/
http://virtualairlines.com/airlines/gw/bxsfo.html
http://www.quickaid.com/airports/sfo/stop/sfo0698.html
http://www.transitinfo.org/
http://www.ushx.com/
http://www.iatn.net/dir/usa/california_northern_a-f.html
http://www.acauction.com/
http://www.auctioncity.com/weekly.htm
http://vendetti.com/
http://www.auctionsww.com/ca.htm
http://www.cars.com/

  this helped me to find employment opportunities
http://www.vjf.com/

  the following are all good resources for finding an apartment
http://www.sfgate.com/rentals/
http://www.sf4rent.com/
http://www.listfoundation.org/
http://www.renttech.com/
http://www.metrorent.com/

http://www.allapartments.com/NetDynamics/ndNSAPI.nd/allapartments/pgRedi
rectEntry?propID=220449&source=sfgatex
http://www.sfgate.com/classifieds/
http://www.careeraction.org/CACpublic/intro.html
http://www.mercurycenter.com/
http://www.sfbaytraveler.com/

  these helped with the driver's license issues, getting cars registered,
etc
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/
http://www.dmv.ca.gov/newtoca/newtoca.htm
http://smogcheck.ca.gov/CPO/100016.htm

  these help with Social Security and IRS (taxes) stuff
http://www.ssa.gov/
http://www.irs.ustreas.gov/