Re: swiss-list: new in SF

From: Marc-Olivier Andre <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 22:23:14 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Stelio,

Welcome in the Bay Area! I hope you will enjoy your stay here and your new
professional challenges. Before meeting them, you surely will meet
countless bureaucratic challenges... Here are answers to your questions,
if you are in San Francisco:

- Social Security: 1-800-772 1213
  Office Locations: 560 Kearny (Chinatown),
                            10 United Nations Plaza (Civic Center)
                          others, see United States Government Offices in
                        the White Pages of the Pacific Bell phone book.

- Department of Motor Vehicles (equivalent of 'La Blecherette'...):
        1-415-557 1179
        Office Location: 1377 Fell

Since you will have to jump over many other hurdles of this kind, please
take time to first check on the Swiss-List website
(http://www.swiss-list.com), if there is an answer to your questions.
This website covers most important topics for newcomers. If you find
out by yourself some useful tips that cannot be found in the website, let
the webmaster know about it (l_vuilleumier_at_lbl.gov).

Wishing you the most pleasant time in California,

                                        Marc-Olivier

Marc-Olivier Andre, Ph.D. Phone: +1 510 642 3634/4376
University of California Fax: +1 510 642 1304
Department of Physics E-mail: andre_at_physics.berkeley.edu
366 LeConte Hall #7300
Berkeley, CA 94720-7300