eastcoast: [SHARE] US elections discussion on Thur.: additional guest and videoconference

From: Pascal Marmier <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 09:27:53 -0500

Dear Friends,

Please find information:
1) Update on Thur. evening discussion "Foreign Policy Implications of
the US elections": additional panelist
2) Videoconferenced discussion also with Amb. Blickenstorfer on Nov. 4
noon at SHARE with Swiss journalists in Basel
3) Upcoming events: IMD case study (Nov. 10) and Stem Cell event (Nov.
11) --> check our web site

----
1) Reminder / Update for Thursday evening Nov. 4th

A reminder that this Thursday, November 4th we will have an outstanding
discussion at SHARE entitled:  "Foreign Policy Implications of the US
elections".  As mentioned in a first invitation, we will have the chance
to welcome the Swiss Ambassador to the United States, Christian
Blickenstorfer. We are also excited to announce that Richard
Morningstar, currently an adjunct lecturer at the Kennedy School of
Government at Harvard University, and before that Ambassador of the
United States to the European Union for several years, will join us for
this evening.  Please note that due to scheduling reasons the program
and agenda will now start promptly at  18:15. Details on our web site:
http://www.shareboston.org/events/events.html

Biography of Ambassador Blickenstorfer
http://www.eda.admin.ch/washington_emb/e/home/geninf/gvt/usamb.html
<http://www.eda.admin.ch/washington_emb/e/home/geninf/gvt/usamb.html> .

Biography of Ambassador Morningstar
http://ksgfaculty.harvard.edu/richard_morningstar

For more information or to RSVP please contact Kati Reusch at:
kati_at_shareboston.org <mailto:kati_at_shareboston.org> , Tel 617-876-3076,
ext 810

2)  Videoconference live with Basel in German: discussion on US
elections (partner: Friends of Massachusetts) with Amb. Blickenstorfer

If you are interested in hearing more about the US elections, we will
have an interesting transatlantic discussion also on Thursday November
4th starting at noon. On the Boston side, you are invited to join Amb.
Blickenstorfer and Christoph von Arb while in Basel we will have
- Willi Herzig, foreign affairs, Basler Zeitung
- Daniel Voll, foreign affairs, Radio DRS
- Daniel Hofmann, ex-correspondent of NZZ in USA

The following topics will be covered:
- US Legislative Period 2005 -2009
- US Economic Policy
- US Foreign Policy
- Transatlantic Relations

The program starts at noon and you will need to let us know if you plan
to join this videoconferenced discussion.

Best regards,

-- The SHARE Team

Pascal Marmier
Advisor, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
SHARE, Consulate of Switzerland
420 Broadway
Cambridge, MA 02138
Phone: (617) 876-3076 ext.13
Mobile: (617) 331-3989
Fax: (617) 876-3079
Email: pascal_at_shareboston.org <mailto:pascal_at_shareboston.org>