eastcoast: [SHARE] Life science clusters / E-Voting / Christmas Party!

From: Pascal Marmier <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:56:23 -0500

Dear SHARE Friends,

We are looking forward to seeing you to one of the exciting upcoming
events at SHARE starting this Thursday with a harp concert. Next week,
we will have a discussion of life science regions (Dec. 8) and e-voting
(Dec. 10) with leading experts from the US and Switzerland. All details
for those events can be found on our web site under
http://www.shareboston.org/events/events.html and short descriptions
below.

Please RSVP - indicating which event you would like to attend! - to
kati_at_shareboston.org or calling us at (617) 876-3076 ext. 10. You can
also send a fax to (617) 876-3079.

---- Dec. 8: Life science clusters: How does Boston perform in
comparison to European regions? --
SHARE is pleased to invite you to reflect with some of Boston's life
science leading figures on what makes the area such a hotbed for life
sciences. If you are active in or interested in the biomedical field,
this is a unique opportunity to interact with some of the main players
of Boston's life science community!

With the participation of:
- Thomas Finneran, President Mass Biotech Council
- Joseph von Rickenbach, CEO and Chairman, PAREXEL International
Corporation
- Scott Sarazen, SVP, Corporate Development, Straumann Inc.
- Joseph Donovan, Director Emerging Technologies, Massachusetts Office
of Business Development
- Christoph Koellreuter, managing director and chief economist, BAK
Basel Economics
Moderated by:
- Scott Kirsner, columnist Boston Globe, advisor Convergence Forum

Program:
6:15pm Arrival and Welcome
6:45pm Start of discussion followed by Q&A
8:00pm Reception and networking

--- Dec. 10: E-voting: challenges, lessons learned and future
opportunities --
Join us for an evening discussion on the status and future perspectives
of electronic voting in the US and in Switzerland where the first vote
by internet recently took place. Co-organized with the Berkman Center
for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School. This panel will come at
the end of the first day of a conference organized by the Berkman
Center: "Votes, Bits and Bytes"
(http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/is2k4/home).

Moderator: Prof. Jonathan Zittrain, Harvard Law School
Panelist: Thomas Christin, University of St. Gallen and E-Democracy
Center at University of Geneva
Panelist: Ben Adida, Caltech-MIT Voting Technology Project
Panelist: Senator Debra Bowen (D), State of California

Agenda:
6:00pm Registration
6:30pm Discussion and Q&A
8:00pm Reception and networking

---- Dec. 14: Our annual Christmas Party at SHARE --

To celebrate the holiday season and another successful year at SHARE
Boston, we cordially invite you to our fifth

Christmas Party

Tuesday December 14, 2004 from 6:30PM onward

Details will follow but please save the date!!

The SHARE Team:
Christoph von Arb, Marianne Gerber, Remo Steinmetz, Paul Smyke, Pascal
Marmier
Kati Reusche, and Simon Zweifel

Pascal Marmier
Advisor, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
SHARE, Consulate of Switzerland
420 Broadway
Cambridge, MA 02138

Phone: (617) 876-3076 ext.13
Mobile: (617) 331-3989
Fax: (617) 876-3079

Email: pascal_at_shareboston.org <mailto:pascal_at_shareboston.org>