swiss-list: expired driving license

From: Lukas Walter <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 17:33:18 +0100 (MET)

I am an J-1 student from Switzerland working on my master thesis at the
Florida State University. My program ends this month, means my visa
expires end of March. But I will return to Switzerland end of April.

My driving license expired last Sunday and I tried to renew it. They
where not able to extend it or give me a temproray one to cover the
period from now to the end of April, because my visa expires end of this
month.

I need my car and I even planed to travel in the states before I have to
was to stop driving.

There seems to be a problem with the law. Does somebody know what
to do? Maybe this happens only in Florida and, as far I have seen, the
members of this list are mostly from the west coast. But maybe somebody
had a similar experience or heard about something like this.

Thank you for your advice,
Lukas

--