swiss-list: Summer Opportunity for Canadian Student Engineer in Switzerland

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 18:12:42 -0500

My name is Nadia Berger and I am a student in my third year of Industrial
Engineering at the University of Toronto. My interests within this field are
focused primarily on Human Factors and Ergonomics. A focus on the interaction
between humans and machines to bring about the most efficient and harmonious
relationship possible is my primary interest, supplemented by courses in the
Ergonomic Design of Information Systems and Human Centred Systems Design. I
also have an interest in the design, innovation, change and implementation
issues of organizations and the improvement of their technical and social
systems.

Additionally, courses such as Operational Research; Systems Modeling and
Simulation; and Integrated Systems and Design, have given me a solid background
in determining the efficiency of various processes and systems. These courses
have given me knowledge needed to design systems, which incorporate
perspectives such as increasing quality and reliability, ergonomics, human
resources, management, information, productivity and environment.

The purpose of my email is to inquire about any summer job or research
opportunities that you may have available for someone of my skill and academic
background. Any help you could provide me with would be greatly appreciated,
and I am willing to relocate for the duration of my work term.

Thank you very much for your patience and help.

Sincerely,
Nadia Berger