swiss-list: Re: Looking for tax advice and a tax expert in Southern California

From: Christian Ter-Nedden <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:20:57 -0800

My wife and I have had good experiences with Thomas Eldredge from H&R Block
in Fullerton, Southern CA.

1577 S HARBOR BLVD
FULLERTON, CA 92832

714-774-8210

When we came here three years ago, Tom (who is an elderly gentleman and very
experienced) was referred to us by another H&R Block office to deal with our
complicated Swiss-/US tax situation. Tom simply researched, listened and,
most of all, wasn't scared by Swiss bank statements in Swiss francs etc.
(Other tax advisors may be - everything that is not US is outer space for
them). He knows about the tax treaties, too. Every year we keep hoping that
he doesn't retire for good.

Alternatively, if you have the money to spend, find somebody in the ads
within the California Staats-Zeitung, a good resource for German-speaking
services in California. (Get it in Old World, Huntington Beach, for
instance, or at the Phoenix Club in Anaheim).

On another note: My voting material is sent from Zurich city and is always
early. I wish they started voting per Internet so that I wouldn't have to
spend the 80 cents each time. :-)