Re: swiss-list: Question/survey on delivery of voting materials

From: Dona Mommsen <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:42:55 -0800

Hi Swisslisters,

my husband and I have similar experiences: He is registered with Basel-Stadt
and gets the material in time. I'm registered with Solothurn and get the
material either late or too late. When I complained in my community of origin,
I found that the canton is the bottleneck: Solothurn ships the material 4 weeks
before the vote to the communities, and even if they hurry to the post office
and afford priority mailing to the US, a bit less than 4 weeks are rather a
thight schedule for shipping them also back in time.

If you want to make sure that you're able to participate, you'll have either
ask your canton for improvements or - in case you got a second community of
origin from your husband with faster service - you might consider to switch the
community you registered.

Happy holiday season

Dona