swiss-list: marriage occurring outside Switzerland

From: Chris Cavigioli <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 00:33:51 -0800

I got engaged! (..and now we're thinking about wedding plans and nationality laws)

My fiance has citizenship in Singapore.
I have both a US citizenship and a Swiss citizenship.
The wedding will most likely take place in Hong Kong or in the USA.

I am polling for "already been there [recently!]" experiences and for referrals
to good US immigration lawyers, websites, etc.

This is what I understand FROM A USA POINT OF VIEW:
Form I-129F "Petition for Alien Fiance" (for non-US person who marries US citizen on US soil)
or
Form I-130 "Petition for Alien Relative" (for non-US person who marries US citizen outside of US territory)
==> I am looking for more details, timelines, costs, comparisons, recognition of marriage licenses in various states, etc

This is what I understand FROM A SWISS POINT OF VIEW:
I read the "Marrying Abroad" article on p.12 of the March 2003 Swiss Review. This article points to:
http://www.ofj.admin.ch/d/eazw-index.html
and
http://www.bfa.admin.ch/einbuergerung/index_d.asp
==> While this posts forms and instructions, the process seems relatively straightforward as far as paperwork is concerned, but I would be curious to understand the approximate length of time required to process all the paperwork successfully.

Thanks in advance for your advice and recent experiences...
-chris