RE: swiss-list: US Immigrant Visa, Direct Consulate Filing

From: Heike H. Westphal <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 12:32:46 -0400

Hi Dan

I just went through the same visa process. My husband and I filed the Form
I-130 on April 7, 2003 and I received my immigration visa from the US
Embassy in Bern on June 30, 2003. They also had told us that the whole
procedure would take about four to six weeks at the end it took eight. I
guess in my case all the holidays prolonged my wait for the invitation. If
you handed in all the papers I am positive that your wife should receive an
invitation shortly. I would just call the Immigration Visa Section (Direct
phone: 031 357-7249, 8.30 am - 12.30 pm, 1.30 - 5.30 pm) as they are usually
very friendly to ensure they do not require any further documents, and
inform them that your wife fulfilled the required steps to go ahead. They
will tell you whether they are ready to send the invitation for the
interview at the Embassy to your wife.

It just needs some patient but there should not be any worry if you
transmitted all the required documents.

All the best,
Heike

Heike H. Westphal