RE: swiss-list: Dual citizenship

From: Claudia Julina <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:27:42 -0800

German citizens seeking dual citizenship should file an application
to keep the German citizenship. This request needs to be approved
before the application for the second citizenship is made. The
process takes several months and a fee of about 500DM. There has been
a change in regulation about a year ago.

Claudia