RE: swiss-list: Fondue

From: Anne Brunner <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:04:26 -0800

Hi Canan,
I once bought an American book about fondues, it is pretty good, I think
they might be affiliated with GU, a German cookbook publisher, they have
some of the same pictures,
The book is called Fondues from around the world from Eva and Ulrich
Klever and cost 13 Dollars.
For Fondue Bourguignonne they recommend 1 1/2 to 2 pounds beef filet,
sirloin, or round steaks and 4 coups vegetable oil.
For sauces they recommend the usual stuff like ketchup, horseradish with
whipped cream, b=E9arnaise, or curry sauce, but they have also different
more complicated sauces.
For the Chinoise the recommend 1 pound of beef filet or sirloin, you
might have to ask the butcher to slice it very thin for you. If there is
no butcher where you live, just Supermarkets, freeze the meet, and then
slice it with a really sharp knife or use the cutting wheel if you have
one, If you want to slice the unfrozen meet, your cutting wheel needs to
be extremely sharp to get the really thin slices.
All the recipes are for 4 persons.
Good luck and enjoy
    Anne