Re: swiss-list: what to do with Swissair tickets?

From: Nicole Hillbrecht <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 14:51:38 -0700

One of our employee has a return ticket to Switzerland with Swissair.
Fortunately (I think) his return is before October 28 and the flight might
be covered by the money, which came from the Swiss government.

I just wanted to add, that I do not think, that Crossair will be able to
cover transatlantic flights, not to speak of flights from California to
Switzerland. Also I do not think that the Swissair will be able to
recompense any tickets.

I'd probably try to fly earlier (before October 28) or get a deal with
another airline - I heard that some other airlines have specials for
Swissair passengers, since they do not have a lot of passengers these times.

Good luck,

Nicole

Vuko Brigljevic wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I guess we have all followed these days with sadness the
> incredible events involving Swissair. And I guess many
> people are also directly concerned, like myself: I have a
> Swissair ticket to fly back from SFO to Switzerland in December,
> and I need to fly in any case, whether Swissair is around or not
> by then. And I am not really sure what to do right now. I am probably
> not the only one in that situation. It would be therefor useful to
> start a discussion asking/sharing advice. I see that the options
> are:
> a) Try to get your money back by contesting the charge with your credit
> card company (advised to me by the agency where I bought the ticket,
> Jason Travel in San Francisco). My credit card company told me to
> do that in writing, no later than 60 days after the purchase.
> I haven't decided to do it yet.
> b) Hope that Swissair will be flying in December (excluded by the
> latest news as far as I understand).
> c) A deal with Crossair? Does anybody know whether they will fly to
> the US at all, to SFO? As far as I understand, Crossair will not
> honor any Swissair ticket from November on.
>
> Any comment or advice is most welcome! If there is something a group
> of people could do more succesfully than an individual, I would be
> ready to get involved too.
>
> Vuko
>
> --
> Vuko Brigljevic | Mail : SLAC, Mail Stop 41
> Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory | P.O. Box 4349, Stanford
> Nuclear and Particle Physics Division | CA 94309, USA
> | SLAC-Office : B280- room 143
> Member of the BaBar Collaboration | Phone : +1-650-926 8512
> < > <http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~vuko>

Nicole Hillbrecht
headwire
25006 crystal circle