Re: swiss-list: what to do with Swissair tickets?

From: Christina Boerner <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 00:33:59 +0200 (MEST)

Hi Vuko and others -

it seems that Swissair might fly again then, so far they seem to fly till at
least October 28 with government money, you never know what happens...

As to the refund question, unless you have a package deal ticket from a
travel agency it seems to be hard to get a refund (at least under Swiss law).
Even your travel insurance is usually not paying when the company is bankrupt or
any other "behoerdliche Verfuegung" applies.

I have a ticket to SFO at the end of this month and my travel agency (STA)
could only tell me to wait and see, fill in a form and try to get money back
from Swissair (which I frankly don't think I will receive) and book another
flight, if I really want to make sure that I will fly then.
Good luck to you,
Christina