swiss-list: Information about the 2 year rule for J1 Visa

From: Nadia Zuodar <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 27 May 2001 03:36:36 +0200
Hello all, I am in the USA for a 6 months stay in a university as a research scholar with a J1 Visa. I got private grants but unfortunately they have been written as governmental fundings on my IAP66 form and as I was told that explains why I have a 2 years rule condition on my Visa. I try to get information about this rule because I would like to do a phD in the USA in 2002 and I don't know if I will have to stay 2 years in Switzerland before that. I was told that with a student Visa I could enter before for doing the phD but then I will have to complete the 2 year rule after that and not be able to work of do a post doc. Does anybody know exactlyu how it works and how I can get rid of it. I can ask my grants to give evidence they are not related to governmental funding but I do not know about the exact procedure. Does it help if I get married in the USA in order to avoid the rule? I hope you can give me some information. Thanks to all. Nadia ================================================================= To unsubscribe from the swiss-list mailing list send the message body of "unsubscribe swiss-list" to or visit http://www.swiss-list.com Received on Sun May 27 2001 - 05:56:45 PDT