Re: swiss-list: credit history

From: Eric Dubuis <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 12:26:33 -0700 (PDT)

The ones that worked for me (2 years ago) were:
1) Buy a car on a credit. We just accepted whatever interest rate
   the car dealer offered us (I guess we ended up getting 16%) and
   payed back the whole amount in 2-3 month. That way we had established
   an initial credit line and we did not have to pay too much interest.
2) Try to get a credit card through IEEE (or some similar org). I was
   an IEEE member for some years before moving to the US and this worked
   quite well. After 2 month in the US we had a MC.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Eric