Re: J1 restrictions

From: Hansjurg Jost <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 11:58:40 -0700

Hi folks,

Thanks for your input. Here what I learned so far:

- My local Program Representative tells me there is a restriction (as mentioned
  in my email yesterday)

- Marco (and actually myself in February) were out of the country for more than
  30 days without any problems (of course, valid visa, IAP-66).

- The UC Berkeley Foreign Scholar Office doesn't see any such restrictions

- Laurent Mievielle and myself couldn't find any information about a
restriction
  on the web.

I got a call in at Headquarters of the National Research Council (my visa
sponsor) and hope to get a final answer this week.
I'll let you know about those results. Hopefully there was only smoke but
no fire. For now the officials here cut my travel papers to 30 days....

cheers,
Hansjuerg

İİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİİÑis message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list