sfbay: Fastmetrics seeks a Senior Network Engineer for our growing xSP enterprise.

From: Andreas Glocker <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 17:07:51 -0800

Fastmetrics seeks a Senior Network Engineer for our growing xSP enterprise.

Fastmetrics is a leader in connectivity, networks and productivity tools for
businesses. Why? Because we deliver integrated and customized solutions for
companies of all sizes to connect and coordinate in today's business
environment: in the office, on the road or from home. Our solutions are
installed seamlessly and require little set up or training for the users.
Our clients see immediate savings and know that we are dedicated to their
success. Over 500 businesses in the Bay Area rely on Fastmetrics for their
mission critical connectivity, email management, spam filtering, virus
protection, secure web hosting, back up and more.

Job Description:
You will manage all Fastmetrics networks: internal, client facing and
external client networks. You will be responsible for installations and
maintenance of existing products and services, the development of new
products and services, and developing new business by assisting the sales
department and consulting on network design and development.

You will be responsible for driving strategic, technological enterprise-wide
initiatives for Fastmetrics. You must be able to manage multiple priorities,
develop work plans, coordinate with staff, clients and vendors; and manage
growth with in our company's strategic plan. This position also requires
participation in rotating pager duty, off site customer installations and
support, and upgrading and maintenance of the colocation cages.

This is a full time, salaried position with full benefits (sick, vacation,
holiday, health insurance). Candidates that can also drive revenues will be
eligible for revenue performance based bonus.

Responsibilities and Requirements:

Certifications:
CCNP (Required)
MCSE - Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (Preferred)

Experience & Proficiencies:
ISP Services:
DS1, ADSL, SDSL and ATM
Protocols
TCP/IP, OSPF, RIPV1, RIPV2, BGP, ISDN, VLAN,ATM, HDLC, OC3, OC-12, DS11,
DS-3

Operating Systems & Software:
Installing, upgrading and maintaining the following:
Windows XP 95/NT/00/03 (Preferred)
IOS (Cisco) (Required)
Mac 10.x (Preferred)
Solaris/Linux platforms
Microsoft Office
IMap and Pop email clients
BIND, DNS, RADIUS
Web authoring tools
Use of bug/issue tracking, source control, and debugging software.
Perform regular maintenance and backups on servers and desktops.
Train staff in use of computers, software, printers, and network functions.

Equipment:
Cisco 7206VXR, Cisco 3550, Cisco 26xx, 17xx, 16xx, Cisco Pix 501, Pix 506,
Pix 515, IMA-Card

Networking:
Knowledge and ability to install and test network hardware such as:
Hubs
Switches
Routers
Adapters
TCP/IP configuration
Network printer setup
Ideal candidate has worked in an ISP environment

Communication and Coordination:
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Perform work in a courteous
and professional manner. Lead diverse groups in discussion of technical
topics and best practices. Develop training and documentation. Able to write
proposals, reports and next steps required for work orders as client facing
consultant. Experienced in drafting technical responses to business
requirements. Able to participate in sales calls regarding technical aspects
of sale, network design, and pricing

Performance:
Proven track record of target over-achievement

Please send resume, history of achievements and compensation history to
diana_at_fastmetrics.com. NOTE: Only applicants who have completed their CCNP
or who have equivalent experience at either an ISP or with significant Cisco
based company networks need reply.