RE: sfbay: moving regulation

From: Vaughn G. Hysinger <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 09:05:58 +0200

I don't think that is true. Be sure you are dealing with a reputable named
firm (Like Allied or North American) AND that they are licensed with the
state of Calif. All major carriers are licensed and are heavily regulated
and watched. It's "Joe's Moving' that can get you. I just shipped a car
from Oakland to Antwerp (for Switzerland) and I personally packed 8-10 boxes
of personal effects. Absolutely not a problem. I've done this before (pre
9/11 and post 9/11) and the only difference was post-9/11 they wanted a list
of what went into the boxes.

The only difference I can see here is that the boxes were inside a car,
inside a container. Other than that it still has to go through customs,
etc.

BTW weather in CH is superb for those of you all still in the states. I'm
looking out my balcony directly at the Jungfrau, 9:00am, not a cloud in the
sky. Heaven really does exist!

Vaughn