sfbay: EuroCircle fundraiser for WTC Tragedy on Sept 27 in SF

From: info <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 12:50:02 -0400

Dear Swiss-list members:

EuroCircle San Francisco is proud to join forces with the Bubble Lounge in
organizing a fundraising event this Thursday, September 27th, 2001. Hereby, we
are following our other chapters in raising funds for the September 11th
tragedy. Kaisa Kokkonen, the founder of EuroCircle, will be joining us from New
York.

It is a difficult time, as all of us have been affected by the events of the
last week in one or the other way. EuroCircle New York received hundreds of
messages from our members in Europe and the United States expressing their
sadness, sympathy and solidarity with New Yorkers. In some messages from
Europe, people were asking for our assistance in contacting their loved ones in
New York. Not always were we able to provide good news, because many people
are still missing. Some of the EuroCircle members have been participating in
the search and recovery mission at the site of the attack. Others have
volunteered their expertise where needed. Many members donated blood, supplies
and money.

The Bubble Lounge New York has been deeply affected as well, being located just
a few blocks from where the World Trade Center once proudly stood. Many of its
customers were men and women working at the Towers who would come to The Bubble
Lounge to relax and enjoy a drink with colleagues, friends or family. In six
years, these familiar faces became more than just "regulars" --they became
friends.

We would like to remind all our members that the religious and ethnic tolerance
is a guiding principle of EuroCircle. It is also a cornerstone of American
Constitution and the laws of most other countries. We are committed to freedom
and diversity, and hope all EuroCircle members promote these liberal and ethnic
principles in an active way.

We feel that it is time to return to our normal life and build a sense of
community and support the best we can. Therefore, we have decided to carry on
with our events, as previously planned, on Thursday, September 27th. All net
proceeds from this event will be donated to the charity funds of September 11th
World Trade Center attack. EuroCircle and Bubble Lounge will distribute your
monetary donations. You can donate cash or write a check to the charity of your
choice. (See list below, the list will be available at the event as well).
Remember – donations are tax-deductible and checks can serve as a receipt.

WHEN: Thursday, September 27th, 2001 at 6:30 PM. WHERE: The Bubble Lounge 714
Montgomery Street

RSVP at our site by Wednesday evening - please forward to all your friends.
The RSVP will be open as of Saturday, Sept 22 afternoon.

http://www.eurocircle.com/eurorsvp

ADMISSION: Cover: $5 minimum; recommended donation is $15 per person. (Paid at
the door). All net proceeds from this event will be donated to the charity
funds of the September 11th tragedy. Your donation will qualify you to enter
our raffle - prizes will include a bottle of champagne and T-Shirts provided
by The Bubble Lounge. Be sure to drop your business card in the raffle!

DRESS CODE - Proper Attire Required. No Jeans, T-Shirts, Baseball Caps, or Sneakers

DONATIONS: We have listed two websites which inform you about all legitimate
national charitable organizations and provide easy links to the most known
charitable organizations collecting money for the victims, such as Red Cross,
New York Firefighters 9-11 Disaster Relief Fund, New York State Fraternal Order
of Police Fund and United Way's Sept 11 Fund.

http://home.nyc.gov (New York City)
http://www.helping.org (links to donate money)
http://www.give.org (how to check out legitimate charities)
Thanks to all of you for the support you have given each other and for your comforting words.

Your SF EuroCircle Team
http://www.eurocircle.com
sanfrancisco_at_eurocircle.com

Mailing list: to be removed contact sanfrancisco_at_eurocircle.com

To visit The Bubble Lounge click http://www.bubblelounge.com