swiss-list: Cost of living comparison - Canada vs Switzerland

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:22:51 -0600

Hi,
My fiancé has been offered a job opportunity in Lausanne, Switzerland. However
after doing some research on the net and trying to see what the difference in
cost of living, I've only managed to get info which I find to be unrealiable.
One site may see it as 50% more to live in Switzerland and another may see it
as 40% more. I'm sure it differs from Geneva vs Zurich, so I'm hoping someone
out there can give me an idea of Canada vs Lausanne. Thanks a bunch...fyi -
would need this information as soon as possible as we are under the gun to make
a decision.

Thanks a bunch.