swiss-list: Help! Swiss Engineer Living in LA -Long Beach

From: Adriano Marki <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 13:17:34 -0700 (PDT)

I am a Swiss mechanical engineer and I moved with my American wife to
California three months ago. I have just received a green card and am now
actively searching for a job. I worked for ABB/ Alstom in Switzerland for 5
years and although I have sent out many resume I am receiving little to no
response from companies.

One manager who interviewed me over the phone told me I should drop the "o"
from my name (Adriano to Adrian) since I would be associated with latin
immigrants. I don't know if it is my Swiss resume or the market in general. I
have tried all the typical internet job sites, but thought I might post a
message to see if anyone has advice.

Saluti, Adriano