swiss-list: J2 and work authorization

From: Michel Maillard <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:18:26 +0200

My wife and I are planning to come to Boston this summer on a J1 visa. My wife
will get her J2 visa approximately one month before starting a post-doc trainee
program at the Children's Hospital. It seems that she'll need a work
authorization in order to start this program.

Does anyone of you know how to proceed to obtain this authorization and how
long it takes? Is there any way to start the procedure before getting the
visa?

Sincerly,

Michel Maillard

Dr Michel Maillard, MD