[Swiss-list] Moving back to CH

From: Jutta Guthauser <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:54:37 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

After living here in the Bay Area for 18 years I have
(I believe I have;-P ) decided to return to
Switzerland and have some questions I wanted to post
hoping that someone has done the same or could give me
answers/suggestions anyway.

I'm planning to move back next year spring/sommer and
am trying to figure out what all the things are I have
to do. I am Swiss (with passport) yet also have an
American passport, don't know if that makes a
differene.

I know that this is not Switzerland but do I have to
give notice of departure (abmelden) as one has to do
when leaving Switzerland to live somewhere else?

How about taxes? I've been told that having dual
citizenship one get's taxed in the US as well as in CH
however only when having a certain income? Then I
heard no matter how much one earns back in CH you'll
still have to pay in the US as well??

For the time being I'd like to keep my bank account
here for a while. Is that ok? I might just give them
an c/o address with a friend for the mail.

I don't have much to move, no furniture, just clothes
and some personal belongings. I have seen the links to
the moving companies suggested however, as I don't
have too much, yet too much to take on the plane, has
anyone ever done or heard about sharing a container
with someone? I have no clue;-(( how many square
meters or I blieve cubic meters I would have but maybe
someone could give me an idea, again considering just
clothes and personal things. I'm thinking I could
maybe fill 10 suitcases or so, maybe a bit more.

As this is my first time posting to the Swiss-List I'm
not sure exactly how it works. If you have answers for
me you can contact me at: ralipe99_at_yahoo.com but then,
maybe I'm supposed to read the answers online??

Thank you very much for any suggestions and tips. I
really appreciate it.

Jutta