Re: [Swiss-list] Money transfer from CH to US

From: Berthe Y. Choueiry <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:12:06 -0800

[I would check that: in the US the giver of a gift of more than
$11500 (check the limit, it changes regularly) has to pay a
gift tax, about 40% IIRC), in CH the receiver of a gift has
to usually pay taxes; the moderator]

I heard, but this must be checked, that gifts
for up to 100'000 US$ are exempt from taxes.
Alert: this information may be wrong, I did not
research it.

-Berthe