[Swiss-list] Moving US cars back to Switzerland [swiss-list]

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 19:52:03 -0500

Hi

I will be moving back to Switzerland shortly. As I have bought to cars (new) in
the US in early 2005 (Jeep Cherokee Laredo, Ford Focus), there are 2 options:
sell in US (Craigs list) or move them to Switzerland. 2 questions: (1) Does
somebody know, how much it costs to move 2 cars from San Francisco to
Switzerland and (2) how much does it cost to make them acceptable for the
authorities in Switzerland. How big are the hurdles (financially and
bureaucratically).

Thanks to all who know more for your reply.