[Swiss-list] L-1A visa -- Tips & Advise?

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:07:14 -0500

Hello all

I need to get an L-1A visa for myself and was wondering if applying myself
(without immigration lawyer) is a good idea. I read on this forum that some
people do all their visa work themselves, but I was wondering if this really
doable/advisable for L-1A type visas and without prior experience.

We are very small start-up company with headquarter in Zurich (Swiss AG) and
and a subsidiary in Delaware/California (US Inc.)

Our immigration lawyer asks for USD 4,500 + 5% Expenses + USD 690 for the fees. This seems a bit expensive!

Any advise, tips how to do-it-yourself, or contacts to trustable and affordable lawyers, are highly appreciated. Thank you.

Best regards,
Franco Dal Molin
Collanos Software