[Swiss-list] property tax

From: Philipp Nett <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 11:12:29 -0700

 Hi,
I have a question regarding the payment of property tax for an appartement
in CA. We are back home in Switzerland but would like to buy a holiday
appartement in the States. Does anybody know how we would have to file for
US taxes? Would we only have to declare the property that we own in the US
or would the IRS want to know anything about our income in Switzerland?
Thanks for any help
Claudia