[Swiss-list] Visa extension timeline

From: Bernd Kasemir <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 18:44:54 -0500

Hi,

I currently hold an L1 Visa (international manager transfer) that expires
end of July. My immigration lawyer has advised me how to apply for an
extension. According to his information (the point in time we can file is
geared towards my companies business year) we should get the decision by
the INS around early to mid-July. What I'm less sure about, however, is how
the timeline would be after that. I understand that I have to schedule an
interview at the embassy in Bern (I think after completeing an electronic
form 156 (?) as was discussed in an earlier Swiss-list exchange) and after
the interview there would be another wait period for the processing of the
visa stamp.

Has anyone gone through a visa issuing process that involves interview and
stamping in Bern recently, and if so, could you please let me know your
experiences on

- how long it might take between calling up for an interview and the
interview itself?
- how long it might take to process the visa after the interview?

Thanks very much!
Bernd

Bernd Kasemir, Ph.D.
Director

sustainserv - bringing sustainability and business together.

European office:
         sustainserv GmbH
         Gartenstrasse 25
         8002 Zurich