[Swiss-list] pre-college visitor

From: Berthe Choueiry <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 19:45:13 -0600 (CST)

The daughter of my best friends will be visiting me from Lausanne for
a 2-month vacation to re-connect with the US culture (she had spent 3
years in Palo Alto as a child). She will be entering EPFL in the
Fall. I thought it was a good opportunity for her to spend some time
working with some colleagues to acquire a research experience in an
academic institution in the US. (She is not interested in my area,
and I can't blame her for that..)

She is *not* trying to make any money, but in case my colleagues can
pay her for her help, I would like to know whether her tourist status
allows her to be payed, otherwise, whether there is any permission/
status (as a trainee?) she can apply for that would allow her to be
lawfully paid.

Thank you for any pointer.