[Swiss-list] One-way flights to Switzerland with Swiss

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 17:13:25 +0100

I would like to share my experience with booking a one-way flight from New
York to Zurich. I was trying to book Swiss, as it has been my favorite Airline
so far. But the surprising result of my inquiry after visiting some webpages
and making a call to the local office was:

return flight: $772
one-way flight: $1742
open return flight: over $4000

These prices are quite astonishing and they fundamentally challenge my logical
thinking: If I fly twice as much, then I pay only half as much - shouldn't
it be the other way round?

The best solution ($322) seems to be booking a flight with Air Lingus and
visiting Dublin for 6 hours during the stop-over...

Cheers,