Re: [Swiss-list] Travel to Irvine (LA) for five months

From: nh <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:47:51 -0800

I advised the inquirer for a B1 visa, since he's going to be paid by
the company in Switzerland. As far as I remember, it is much cheaper
than the L visa.

The forms are rather easy to fill out and you won't need a lawyer for
that. If you are uncertain about which visa to file for, you can call
the (expensive) number of the embassy in Berne. If you file for the
wrong visa, the embassy will write you a letter with the advise for the
correct visa including the forms and documentation you need to provide.

In any case I would provide as much documentation as possible, even if
unasked for.

Nicole