[Swiss-list] Right radical party in Switzerland

From: slartibartfas <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 10:35:07 -0800

Hi all,

Under the name "Partei national orientierter Schweizer (PNOS, www.pnos.ch)",
a new right radical party is growing in Switzerland. As of now, they are a
small and politically insignificant nuisance, but they had some recent
successes in local elections. If you go to their website, you can read a 20
point program that sounds radically neo-nazist.

Out of curiosity, I have started an email exchange with their leadership,
specifically focussing around the status this party would give to people
like us: Swiss living abroad, possibly married to foreigners and with
foreign born children (as is the case for me). The replies that I got were
even more chilling than I thought. These people view us as traitors to our
country and don't think that we have any rights or claims to call ourselves
Swiss anymore. They are exceedingly arrogant, with no compassion at all.
Needless to say that their logic is flawed, but that does obviously not
matter in the political process. In my view, it would be very bad for us and
our country if this party would grow larger and possibly gain seats in the
Swiss parliament.

I thought it would be good if fellow swiss listers were aware of this
political trend. Furthermore, I would be happy to make the email exchange I
had with them available to any serious journalist who is interested in
writing about and exposing these thugs.

For the time being, and due to the nature of these people, I prefer to
remain anonymous (the swiss-list archives are googleable and I have not
revealed my identity to PNOS). I hope this does not preclude publication of
this post on the swiss-list.

slartibartfas