Re: [Swiss-list] Swiss social security (AHV/AVS):

From: Fenton Heirtzler <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:24:53 -0500 (EST)

Hallo "Bruno"

 I worked in Basel for six years, all the while paying into the AHV-Kasse. When
 I left (I am US-American), was told that I must take a simple payout of my
 benefits in cash. Perhaps there are other circumstances with your situation?
 Even though AHV is federal, it might not hurt to talk to the relvant Cantonal
 authorities.

 best

 Fenton