Re: [Swiss-list] Traveling During Greencard Process

From: Priscille Schwarcz-Besson <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:36:47 -0800

Hello,

I went through the Green card process 7-8 years ago and at that time was
able to file for "Advance Parole", an INS document (filed before leaving the
country) granting me permission to come back to the US as my application was
being processed. My husband (US citizen) and I went through a fiancee-visa
process, which is quite different from J-1, I'm sure. I'm not a lawyer
either, but it may be worth checking into.

All the best,

Priscille