[Swiss-list] Traveling During Greencard Process

From: <click for textversion of email address >
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:24:10 -0600

Hi there,
I was on a J-1 Visa (expired 12/21/2005) and my wife (US citizen) and I want to
travel to Europe on January, 19 2006 for three months. In April 2006 we would
like to return and start building a family here in California.

It seams much more complicated than I thought.
Yesterday I went to a lawyer. He said I should wait with our trip until after I
get the green card (between two and three months from now). I'm not working
anymore and our flights are booked already. Although I thought the lawyer was
more thinking about making business with me instead of helping.